I’m neither a teacher nor a parent. But if you are one of these, and if you are looking for some fresh, new journal writing prompts for kids, you might like this post. These inspiring journal prompts for kids will help students with discovering their creativity. Okay, maybe kids aren’t known for always having an answer for all the questions. Still, these writing journal prompts for middle school can show them there is not always a correct or a wrong answer for a question.
Journal Prompts for Elementary School
Keeping a journal always helps building a solid educational foundation in children. These journal prompts for elementary school are designed to inspire children into dreaming and thinking about many different aspects of life and social life.
- Name three most important lessons you have learned this year.
- How can you be someone younger students admire?
- If you were an adult, what would you do in the morning, noon and night?
- Why are some people afraid of snakes? What do you think they should do?
- What are the best things about your parents?
- What age do you think is the best age?
- What would you cook as dinner for your enemy?
- What is the best advice you received?
- What would you do if you have the ability to be invisible?
- Who is the kindest person you know? Why?
Journal Prompts for Kids
I will soon publish a free printable version of these writing prompts, also some free bullet journal printables too. But until then, you can note down these new journal prompts for kids. There are also some cute microsoft office templates here if you are interested.
- What is the most important thing your parents taught you?
- If you had a superpower, but no one can know about it, what would you want it to be? Why?
- What is your favorite color? Did it change by time?
- If you would invent something cool, what would that be?
- What are your least and most favourite foods?
- If dogs could talk, what do you think they would say?
- How was your best summer like?
- Name three things you are grateful for last week.
- What is the best place in your neighborhood?
- Would you rather be a bird or a tiger? Why?
Journal Prompts for Middle School
Journal prompts for middle school need to be have questions that are a bit deeper than the regular journal prompts for kids. Middle school students tend to feel like they have experienced a lot. Therefore these questions try to ask them about what would they choose, what decision would they make or what they have experienced.
- What is the oldest memory of yours?
- What do you struggle with the most? Write about it.
- Do you think you have a spirit animal? Which spirit animal you would want?
- What three things you think everyone should see? Why?
- Which month of the year is best to you?
- If you had a restaurant, how would your menu look like?
- What are 5 things you believe you will never forget?
- If you could create your own holiday, how would it be? What kind of traditions, rituels and games you would create?
- What do you think is the most fun thing to do with $1000?
- A genie gave you 3 eggs. If you wish for something and break one egg, your wish will become true. But you can’t wish for more eggs. What three things you would wish?
I hope you like these new 2019 journal prompts for kids. I tried to get as original as possible, without asking any confusing or complex questions. The last 10 journal prompts for middle school are a little bit more inspiring in my opinion. I hope you like them. If your journal stops working, try checking out this blog too. Have a nice week!